Choose your bidding system
You can easily set your bidding system to play Acol or Standard.
To check or change your bidding system:
- Go to the gamescreen by playing any hand. You can play today's hands here: Play
- Open the game screen Menu in the top right corner of the gamescreen, and click on "Settings" in the top right corner.
- If you make any change, it will be saved when you close the Menu.
Not sure if you play Acol or Standard?
If you live in New Zealand, the UK, or parts of Australia, you likely play Acol. If you live in the USA, Canada, Ireland, or parts of Australia, you likely play Standard.Standard
- Opening 1♥ or 1♠ shows 5 cards
- Opening 1NT shows 15-17 hcp
- Opening 1♥ or 1♠ shows 4 cards
- Opening 1NT shows 12-14 hcp
Learn more about Acol vs Standard bidding systems in our lesson on bidding systems here:
If you are still unsure what you play, ask you bridge teacher or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional bidding options
At Sky Bridge Club, you can also elect to play with Transfers or Weak 2 bids.
If you are unfamiliar with these bids, you might enjoy our free beginners' classes which you can find on our Learn page: