Beginners' Course - Acol
with Tina McVeigh
The Beginners' Course - Acol is for everyone who'd like to learn or review the most important aspects of the game, from understanding the bidding to planning your play.
This is an Acol course for players in NZ, the UK and parts of Australia. If you play Standard bridge (most players in the USA, Canada, Ireland, and other parts of Australia), you should head over to our Beginners' Course - Standard.
In this free online bridge course, you will learn about:
- The fundamentals of bidding
- Weak opening bids
- Strong opening bids
- Playing hands with suit contracts
- Playing notrump hands
Your teacher is Tina McVeigh, one of our teachers here at Sky Bridge Club. As you make your way through the course, you can leave questions in the comments, test yourself, and play your first bridge hand.
Let's get started!Begin
- Opener's first bid: Play hands
- Responder's Limit Bids: Play hands
- Responder changes suit: Play hands
- Overcalls: Play hands
- Opening 1NT: Play hands
- Weak opening bids: Play hands
- Strong opening bids: Play hands
- Takeout doubles: Play hands